Brad McClarnon, MS, EDS, LMHC, LMFT, CEAP, MAC, NCCC- Works with adolescents and adults, specializing in: adolescent and adult addictions, anger management, career counseling, learning disabilities, and marriage counseling.

Excerpt of Brad's work:

Academic and Behavioral Concerns

·       If there are persistent academic problems contact the counselor, teacher or Team leader and ask for a conference to set up a General Education Intervention Plan and to determine the need for or initiate evaluation/testing by a school psychologist for special education placement.

·       If your child is already identified as Special Education and there have been several discipline referrals, ask the administrator and/or special education teacher to prepare a Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) and a Behavior Plan.

·       Always try to encourage school staff to provide you with timely observations and feedback that includes strengths and positives as well as concerns.

·       Provide ideas from the doctor, psychologist or mental health professional to school staff on how to help your child.

·       Always prepare and plan ahead for transitions between grades and schools by contacting and attending conferences with staff, collecting information, attending orientations and as needed, and getting suggestions and evaluations from school counselors, career counselors, psychologists and other professionals.